Friday, September 27, 2013

In Focus Friday w/ My Mind's Lens: September 2013

As promised, here is Kaeley's September installment of In Focus Friday.  Kaeley lives in Oregon, so Fall shows up a little earlier for her (*note NORMAL time), as opposed to Texas where yesterday he were still rockin' 95 degrees - will it ever end????  Anyway, Kaeley is sharing some photo prompts to get us in the mood for Fall....no matter where we live!


Photobucket

***************************************************

I don't know what the deal is this week - my mind must be elsewhere, but I'm not sure where!  I haven't been able to focus at work or get motivated to do the tasks at hand . . . I forget to send a fellow blogger some information I promised . . . and if it wasn't for Julie sending me a little reminder yesterday afternoon, I wouldn't even be here!  I thought that the sick bug that is making its way through our friends and family had escaped me, but I fear it may have just gotten sidetracked and has come back for me.  Maybe that is the problem . . .

At any rate, I am here!  If you are the type of person who likes to take pictures - either including your family, or just of your surroundings - of the various seasons, I want to share 10 photos that I think everybody should try to capture this Fall.

1. Colorful leaves on the ground.  For an extra challenge, capture a child jumping into a whole PILE of red and orange leaves.

2. A scary-looking house.  There has to be at least one of these in your neighborhood.  Here is the one near my house, I think the fence is what really does it for me.


3. Jack-O-Lanterns.  This one is a given.  For a change from the traditional "pumpkin face", try a new design - decorating your pumpkin in other ways, such as painting it like I did!

4. A cup of hot cider (or your favorite hot drink).  Nothing says "fall" more than the smell of hot apple cider.

5. Your favorite fall recipe.  I LOVE being able to start making soups and casseroles again once the cold weather starts to settle in.



6. Trick-or-treaters.  The baby outfits are always my favorite - what could be cuter than a baby-sized pumpkin or kitty or cow?

7. A farm.  This can be an actual farmhouse, a pumpkin patch, rows of crops.   But hay bales and fresh squash and gourds always make me think of fall.

8. A football game.  I remember when I was younger I used to love going to the homecoming football game . . . and when I was in high school enjoying all the events of homecoming week.  Ever heard this song?
The Boys of Fall by Kenny Chesney on Grooveshark

Yep - football season means fall is here!! So bundle up, and get out and support your local football teams.

9. Your Thanksgiving feast!  Last year I cooked my first turkey ever when we had all of our friends over for a Thanksgiving themed housewarming party - potluck style.  I was super nervous since it would be feeding so many people, but it actually went pretty smoothly.


10. Reflection in a rain puddle.  You don't have to live in the NW to find rain puddles already.  See how much detail you can capture in the reflection.


Thank you for stopping by for In Focus Friday, and have a great weekend!


*****************************************************

Kaeley, thank you so much for the great photo ideas for capturing fall.  I think that reflection picture is amazing!  I hope that you all will stop back next week where I will finish up the last two days of my Orlando vacation from a couple of weeks ago.  If you would like to get caught up. you can find Part 1 here, and Part 2 here.  Have a great weekend and I hope to see all of you next week!

6 comments:

  1. I loved the reflection in a rain puddle! That was so cool. I also cooked my very first turkey last year and i was proud of how it turned out.
    Oregon is one of my most fave states to visit.
    Great post!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Holli! Oregon is pretty beautiful, especially this time of year.

      Delete
  2. Great ideas and photos!
    You just inspired me to take a photo of a "spooky" house by my kids school.
    My son actually did a pencil drawing of the house and it would be fun to have a photograph of it from the same perspective in black and white!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What great fall photo ideas! It rained here this morning and I just looked out to see if there were any rain puddles left!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful photos
    I think my favourite is the reflection...but I do love that fence as well.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the fence pic! :-)

    http://tinajoathome.com/

    ReplyDelete

I love meeting new bloggers and love reading your comments....each and every one!